Seven Traits of a Top Motivational Sales Speaker
Getting your sales team motivated isn’t about “motivation.” That may sound counter to what would seem obvious, but here’s the reality: Making sure your sales team is motivated for the next quarter isn’t simply about getting it charged up, excited and energized, but rather, following a consistent process that actually keeps your sales team motivated over a period of time.
Seven Traits of Any Top Motivational Sales Speaker
- Learns about your industry. A motivational sales speaker must understand the nuances of selling in your industry. This isn’t to say a motivational sales speaker must be an expert in your craft, but that individual must fully understand your industry.
- Understands your sales team. Are the people on your team hunters? Or maybe they’re farmers? Are they willing to make calls, and ask for introductions and referrals? Are they more in a support role? Any excellent motivational sales speaker will fully understand your team specifics.
- Focuses on achieving your sales results. What is your objective with a motivational sales speaker? To achieve a specific increase in top line revenues? To make larger sales? To increase profitability? Perhaps it’s to sell more to existing customers? An effective motivational sales speaker will focus on achieving your precise desired results.
- Knows your “critical challenges.” Every sales organization faces critical challenges. And each organization faces different types of challenges. A motivational sales speaker should understand exactly what those challenges are in order to personalize the program to address your specific needs.
- Provides specific scripts to implement. Being motivated and getting excited is great. But what really makes a difference is having tangible and specific scripts that your team can implement. What do they say when they start a phone call? How do they specifically ask for a referral? When you provide specific scripts, your team can now actually execute a plan.
- Allows for practice and role playing. In order for any training to be effective, your team is going to need time to actually test out these new strategies. There’s no better way to accomplish this than to make sure that any program will involve practice and generous amounts of role playing.
- Emphasizes action. A top motivational sales speaker must be focused on ensuring that your team will take action as a result of a particular program. Be sure that whomever you work with is focused 100% on helping you and your team take action towards an increase in sales.
These seven traits of a motivational sales speaker are a must for any sales leader to have on a winning team. When you require that these seven traits be present, you’ll dramatically increase the likelihood of finding the perfect person for your organization.